2009年8月4日 星期二

How to Learn English

[from StudioClassroom]
So you want to learn English?
I guess that goes without saying if you're reading this article.
First of all, you need to ask yourself, "How badly do I want to?"
Some students treat English as a content subject, like history, geography or literature.
All you do is memorize a lot of facts and you've got it, right?
Actually, becoming proficient in a foreign language is more like learning to play the piano.
It takes practice. A lot of practice.

Some of you may be saying, "I just don't have any language aptitude." Oh, come now.
If you can read this, you have plenty of aptitude for learning a language.
The more important question is whether or not you have the motivation.
Many people only want to learn English to pass tests in school.
That's not enough.

Experts tell us that the most successful language learners have a strong desire to communicate with people in the target culture.

沒有留言: